Since 2007 the Peri Urban Group of Rural Councils has met on a bi-monthly basis and has taken a strong advocacy position, working closely with the Government on a range of projects and initiatives to promote and strengthen the peri urban region and the Councils that manage this fast growing area of Victoria.
Our successes include:
• Strong recognition for the peri urban region in Plan Melbourne (released 2014)
• Recognition of the peri urban region in the Regional Growth Plans applicable to our Shires.
• Presentating at the La Trobe University, “Beyond the Edge” Conference in 2013.
The Peri Urban Group of Rural Councils has made submissions on behalf of our Member Councils on the following:
• 2012 Planing Zones Review
• Plan Melbourne
• The Regional Growth Plans
• State Planning Policy Framework Review 2014
• Developer Contributions Review
• Bushfire Management Overlay Review
• Commonwealth Government’s White Paper on Agricultural Competitiveness
Click on each council to read more info, click on to clear.